Dossiers 1090/1040

Dossiers autres modèles

Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi
  • Page :

SUJET :

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 04 Avr 2023 12:38 #6184

Can anyone advise if the large block to starboard of the rudder stock in the cockroach is hollow. I have water coming in from that area when underway. 

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 04 Avr 2023 18:22 #6185

Please send a photo,
I own a 10.90, I can't visualize that issue.
Christian

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 05 Avr 2023 08:04 #6186

Hi Please see screen shot below.  

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Pièces jointes :

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 05 Avr 2023 08:41 #6187

You can find technical documentation on the site
clubfeeling1090.fr/images/Doctech/bateau...090/f1090_safran.pdf
As far as I know it is what we call "tube de jaumière" rudder post. 
This is hollow, I suppose, to allow the passage of the saffron shaft through the hull. This shall be water tight , as for motor shaft.
I had a leakage , coming from the upper ring. O ring and ring itself were used then rain water gets through along the shaft . 
The dismantling procedure is detailed on the site through the link here above.
I hope this will be any help
Christian

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 05 Avr 2023 11:16 #6188

Hi Christian, to the right of the rudder stock tube is a large fibreglass block near the divide to the stbd locker, which I have written over in red. I have water coming in at the base of it when underway. I was wandering if that block was hollow as well.

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 05 Avr 2023 13:52 #6189

clubfeeling1090.fr/barre-safran/meche-safran

The tube is hollow. as you can see in the joined drawings.
Probably the ring and seals might be used, and the swirl induced by propeller spinning may go up .

Pièces jointes :

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 14 Avr 2023 08:59 #6218

Bonjour.
ENGLISH BELOW
J'ai eu le même problème, une entrée d'eau de mer par cette zone du tube de jaumière. Dans le bloc startifié, il y a un gros morceau de bois, qui était imbibé d'eau de mer. J'ai donc dû ouvrir ce bloc startifié pour m'en rendre compte. Après 2 années de navigation, j'ai compris que l'eau de mer entrait car le tube de jaumière était très légèrement décollé, que la stratification ne tenait plus parfaitement. L'eau entrait donc par dessous la stratification du tube de jaumière. La solution pour moi a été de supprimer complètement toute la structure du tube de jaumière et de la refaire, à l'époxy et avec de la fibre de verre bi-axe pour une tenue nettement meilleure. J'ai aussi remplacé le bloc stratitifé par une structure avec du contreplaqué. Je ferai un dossier pour expliquer les travaux. C'est impressionnant et désagréable à faire au vu de la position allongé dans le fond de la cabine, mais pas si compliqué. Je suis en train de terminer ces travaux.Je suis disponible pour des informations.  
A plus !Augustin 

Good morning.
I had the same problem, an entry of sea water through this area of the rudder tube. In the laminated block, there is a big piece of wood, which was soaked with sea water. So I had to open this laminated block to realize it. After 2 years of navigation, I understood that the sea water was entering because the rudder tube was very slightly unstuck, that the stratification no longer held perfectly. The water therefore entered from below the lamination of the rudder tube. The solution for me was to completely remove the whole structure of the rudder tube and redo it, with epoxy and with bi-axle fiberglass for a much better hold. I also replaced the laminate block with a structure with plywood. I will make a file to explain the work. It's impressive and unpleasant to do in view of the lying position in the back of the cabin, but not so complicated. I am finishing this work.I am available for information.
See you !Augustin 

Pièces jointes :

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 25 Avr 2023 10:29 #6252

Hi Augustin, many thanks for this. This is exactly where the leak on my 1090 is. So the block is hollow. It is not the easiest of places to access.

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 26 Avr 2023 10:17 #6253

Hi,

I think I have the excact same problem on my 1090. The boat has been on land for 5 months, and now it is leaking Maybe 5 liters of water per 24h. The water ends up in the compartment under the engine. 

The first sign of water is under the bed. The compartment aft of the bed ( where the rudder stock is localized) is completely dry.

Pièces jointes :

Ingress of water from stern when underway using the engine 26 Avr 2023 16:21 #6254

I dived under the boat to inspect and I can see som grease coming out from the bearing under the boat. Is the grease supposed to function as a sealant or a lubricant? Do i do something damaging if I try to pump more grease in?

• Page :
Modérateurs: GERARD