Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi
  • Page :

SUJET :

holding tank for black water 23 Avr 2019 21:35 #2473

• K.P. Derks
  • Portrait de K.P. Derks Auteur du sujet
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone in this forum can help me with the following problem. I want to install a black water tank in my feeling 1090. But what a good place to place this tank. Does anybody have experience with this?

Your help is appreciated!

thanks,
Klaas Pieter

(excuse me for the strange translation, i wrote my message in english and was translated into another kind of english)

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

holding tank for black water 29 Avr 2019 16:14 #2478

i understand that the holding tank was an option for some originals which due to country required such. I am also looking into fitting a tank and feel the starboard helm locker would be ideal due to additional space on the owners version which i have, whether yours is the one with the double aft cabins? It will be interesting to see replies i hope from your post. "Another kind of English ... the most misused language by Americans and Google ! "
David TS / Sound Venture...

holding tank for black water 11 Fév 2020 06:54 #2898

Hi Klaas
For your info, I have installed a holding tank on my boat (Feeling 10.90).
The tank is set in the starboard locker against the wall between the locker and the bathroom -
The vacuum pump is installed above it and the handle (for emptying the HT) is protruding inside the bathroom (see pictures).
I have installed a 2 way valve on the toilet so that when in open sea I do not need to use the HT.
Since I refused to drill another hole in the hull, a 3 way valve is installed in the locker underneath the wash basin (in the bathroom) which then allows either the wc or the HT to be pumped out at sea. It requires quite a few hose lines in this locker ! but it does the job.
One advice: to avoid the rough smell, I recommend installing a valve on the line going from the WC to the HT - which I installed just above the bowl in the bathroom (not in the picture as it was installed afterwards). I open it when flushing through the HT and close it afterwards.
Let me know if you need more inforamations.
Regards
Philippe
Pièces jointes :

holding tank for black water 11 Fév 2020 07:03 #2899

A few more pictures
Pièces jointes :

holding tank for black water 19 Fév 2020 17:42 #2919

• K.P. Derks
Philip,

thanks a lot for youre reply.
How many litres is youre holding tank?

If i understood correctly, the holdingtank is on top of the dieseltank in the starboard locker?

Klaas Pieter

holding tank for black water 21 Fév 2020 06:17 #2927

Hello Pieter

The holding tank can contain 60 liters.
It is enough for me for several days (sailing most of the time single handed) .
The tank is on top of a wooden box - built by the previous boat owner - the wooden box is effectively built on top of the diesel tank. The downside is the difficulty to access the box now....
If you wish I can take a picture of the set up (box + holding tank) next time I am on the boat ?

Cheers

Philippe

holding tank for black water 06 Mar 2020 10:01 #2947

• K.P. Derks
Hi Philiph, if you could take some pictures,that would be great!

• Page :
Modérateurs: GERARD