Dossiers 1090/1040

Dossiers autres modèles

Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi
  • Page :

SUJET :

Feeling 286 Special - how to remove a cutless bearing (bagues hydrolube) 26 Jan 2020 00:22 #2864

Please see the picture of the propeller shaft (prop shaft) on my Feeling 286 Special. I think that B is the cutless bearing (rings hydrolube). I have removed the outer cover & flange (see photo of components removed). The bearing is stuck in the end of the stern tube (I think that is what it is). How do I remove the bearing please? I tried removing the bearing with a Stilson while the screw A was removed. It Would not turn (but I did not want to break something).

KW
Pièces jointes :

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Feeling 286 Special - how to remove a cutless bearing (bagues hydrolube) 27 Jan 2020 20:31 #2865

Bonjour, Merci...

Feeling 286 Special - how to remove a cutless bearing (bagues hydrolube) 23 Fév 2020 22:26 #2930

I've learned a lot about the cutless bearing and propeller shaft on my Feeling 286S. I'm almost there (but I'm still having problems). I've uploaded another video on YouTube: youtu.be/OeFi07HH_To

This video shows the bearing and how it is fitted.

Also, in case of interest to other 1991 Feeling 286 Special owners:
The boat has a Yanmar 2GM20 (raw water cooled) engine driving a folding two blade 14" diameter x 10" pitch "right running" Flexofold propeller. The propeller shaft is 1 inch diameter (i.e. Imperial on a French boat!!!). The cutless bearing outer diameter is 1.5 inch. Bearing length is 99.2mm. A 4" bearing is too long.

The bearing is a "clearance fit" in the stern tube, and is held in place by epoxy glue and a locking screw. I've learned that epoxy becomes soft above 60C. I had to heat the bearing (and stern tube) to allow me to remove the bearing using a stilson.

The prop shaft (arbre) is not perfectly smooth (may be slightly corroded). It will wear the bearing. The shaft is not easily removed because the shaft flange (coupling) bolts are under the cabin floor. I'll remove it next winter.

KW

• Page :
Modérateurs: Michel Fillit